Sunday, April 1, 2012

Learned Your Lesson Yet, Yan-Paul?

**A CAUTIONARY NOTE TO THOSE WHO TAKE MAJOR HOLIDAY'S, WEEKENDS, AND ALL OTHER REASONS FOR CELEBRATION EXTRA SERIOUSLY... I MEAN, BASICALLY AS AN EXCUSE TO PARTY. SEE BELOW!**

Checking on my facebook this afternoon, I was faced front and center on my news feed by a picture of an old buddy of mine who apparently had far too much "fun" yesterday during a night out with friends.

Yan Paul was one of the only creatures I can safely say was a friend of mine during our time attending high school together (in human years, for those of you who are curious, high school is about a month-long period of time, whereas school in general takes us squirrels about 3.25 months to complete).

Yan seemed just as uncomfortable about being there as I was from primary, through elementary, until about middle school. During those most awkward years, Yan and I were forced to share a locked since Burlington's A.C.F.E. (Animal Center for Education) was awfully short on necessary supplies to keep the place up and running efficiently when I attended school. Sharing a locker made us both realize very quickly how socially awkward and generally afraid of being away from home we both were. A match made in heaven.

For the remainder of middle school, until the first half of our time spent in high school (2 weeks, or so) Yan and I were stuck together like glue. We would eat our lunches together near the front entrance of the cafeteria (away from the infamous troupe of "Bully Birds" that ruled the school during my high school years, as well as sit on the bleachers during gym class together due to a stomach-"ache" or what not. However, my favorite activity that we played together hardly involved any sort of fear or malady. Instead, it was dreaming up different lists of bugs that would make great pets.

Sadly, there came a time when Yan's surprisingly good looks and easily tanned inner-ear skin won over a more popular, semi-quirky female named Samantha Trophean. Seems like she simply swooped in during lunch one day and swept Yan off his feet while I wasn't looking (or while I was in the bathroom, or something). Amazing how simple chatter over burrow-making or wallpapering can just win a creature over... that on top of the fact that she had boobs and a kick-ass tail.

The rest of high school was sort of lonely and all blurred together.

As far as I know, Yan and Sarah have really become quite the couple in the period since all of us went through and graduated schooling. Based upon facebook info and pictures, Sarah has really thrust Yan out of his shell- parties and dancing, eating and laughing. If you ask me, I think it comes down to a pretty unsustainable lifestyle.


It does look sort of fun, though. Having a "female-companionship-partner" who breaks you out of your shell. Yan doesn't look so afraid of the world anymore..

[hmmm..]

Crap, this always happens. I go into these blog postings all fired up, ready to declare something pretty generally huge, and then end up running into all this self-realization shit towards the end of my posts.

Guh. I was planning on posting the picture that came up this afternoon of Yan after having gone too far in his partying last night. Now it just seems like a low blow.

[...]

Well, here it is anyway:

Yan-Paul the morning after some big hoop-la, I guess.
(Popped up on my FB news feed)












.... Maybe I could use a partner, too.

Maybe.

But I wouldn't start over-celebrating everything like Yan.

That's not me.

Well, it wasn't Yan, either..

Oi.


-Kevin

2 comments:

  1. A female companion doesn't have to be a partner you know. It could be a baby squirrel.

    ReplyDelete