Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm Sexy and I Know it

Alright, now that I have your attention [cyber world], I feel the need to address something pretty obvious:

I've been having some trouble keeping up with these blog posts lately. Sorry.

This is my resolute promise to keep up with this blog a bit better from here on out.

(On a side-note) Anyone else in cyber space ever have trouble keeping up with regular posts? I know for me, life always seems to get in the way when it comes to posting about the things I do and think about every day. *If someone happens to read this and can relate or think of a piece of advice that has helped you to keep up with regular posts on top of work, school, parents, friends, partners, dogs, cats, snow, or grocery shopping and scavenging- let me know! (Maybe then my aunts and uncles will get off my case about keeping in touch via blogger..)

(Life-wise) Mom's been in the hospital the past couple weeks with an infection that had moved into a patch of skin near her hind legs. Remember a while back when she threw out her back riding the spin bike in the basement? Well, lying down for a consecutive three weeks apparently sets up most 4-legged creatures for infection pretty easily (who knew?) Doctor Dog up at the H.F.A. (Hospital for Animals) a couple blocks away scolded me the other day for not knowing anything about keeping mom active in the first few weeks after her accident so as to prevent any unknown skin scabs from getting moldy underneath her non-visible fur spots. Guh. Thanks doc, glad I know that now!

Anyway. She'll be out of the hospital soon. They've been keeping her there this weekend for extra precaution, and also to make certain the infection will heal fully, and not be affecting movement in her left hind leg.

To be completely honest, its been nice not having to take care of her at home these past two weeks or so. Granted, I get up the courage enough to scurry over to the H.F.A. once a day, but I make sure to do it early in the morning when students and other human beings aren't out moving through their days. I also make sure my barf belt is super secure around my waist. Never again will I get stuck out in the middle of a sidewalk or in someones front lawn at a moment of sheer terror and anxiety without the belt.

Paul let me off work the past 2 weeks so I could check up on mom without having to worry extra about finding time to help him collect in the morning. I'm sure he could use the extra hand, but I bet his son Finn has been helping him lately since he's home for spring break. Not surprisingly, Paul isn't paying me during this period of temporary unemployment- (have I mentioned I quit the Dell Tech Support job? Couldn't balance it on top of mom, and trash collecting with Paul. Right about now, I kind of wish I had waited a bit longer to quit..) so, its almost time I got back to work to start bringing in a little more money while mom recuperates à la couch, once again.

... I guess this blogging thing isn't as hard as I made it out to seem in my head. Then again, I feel like I mostly complain when it comes to these posts... which is pretty easy, if you ask me.

*Sigh*

Endless self-improvement.. always..

Expect more updates soon, and often.
-Kevin

3 comments:

  1. I, too, have been having issues keeping up with my blog. The phrase "life gets in the way" doesn't even begin to describe... It just seems like, for the first time in my life, I'm at a loss for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kevin, Your words have never sounded so true to me. I can't seem to write anything useful. I've kind of given up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with all of you that writing blog posts can be difficult. Especially when your life is as boring as mine and you have nothing to write about.

    ReplyDelete