Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Apparently, hold the noodle.

Forget about my excitement over tonight's dinner. Mom decided to make her signature Tuna-Noodle-Casserole alright. Minus the noodles.


Tuna (NO NOODLE?) Casserole









Once we both were seated at the kitchen table, mom noticed my stunned face over the lack of noodle.

(As an aside, please note that noodle is my favorite part of TNC, besides the tuna.)

Frowning, she replied "Kevin, wipe that look right off your face! I am trying to lose the weight I gained from all that sitting-on-my-beehind over the past few weeks. Be more supportive and eat your Tuna Casserole!)

Mom. Don't sacrifice the taste of noodle goodness in your TNC for a slim physique. Don't do it.

*sigh*

Petty? You bet. Ashamed? Yup, that too. Guh.

I thought mom getting better and cooking again would mean things, well at least meals, would go back to being more normal and delicious than what I was cooking while mom was out of commission. Guess I've got to lower my expectations a bit.

.. she's still great. I'm just being a jerk ..


(I'll go apologize to mom now)



-kevin (an asserole)

No comments:

Post a Comment