Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Got her home... barely.

Mom's home from the hospital, and her once infected skin spot on her back has healed!

Had a doozy of a time walking her home, though. Guess those first couple steps outside were a bit much for my mom after having been laid up a month in the hospital- because she went right down.

"No, Kevin! I can get up by myself!"





It's ok, though. My mom bounced right back up. I even tried giving her a hand out of terror that she was suddenly on the ground. But she just turned her face right at me and said "No, Kevin! I can get up myself!"

Oh mom.

Anyway. I got her home to the tree, and now she's resting comfortably in front of the television. I really do think she's on the up and up from here-- this morning, she mentioned a desire to use the spin bike again in the near future. (*gulp*) I just smiled and told her to be careful.

A small part of me was also thinking, "Boo-Yah Grandma! Mom's almost better!"

Optimistic,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment