Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oh boy. Mom's at work?

Finally got a hold of mom-- she is at work right now! I can't believe it. In fact, I didn't even think she had a job to go back to after being away from work the past three or four months.

Good for her. Granted, she just texted me that she would be at work until 2:00, but she included a little heart icon in the text, so I guess she's pretty glad to be there.
I wonder what this means. For me, I mean. My work situation..

Maybe I could go back to working for DELL with mom bringing in money again.

Do I want that? Going back to sitting in my room all day, offering the occasional customer trouble shooting help over the phone-- I'm not even sure how I feel about doing that anymore.

I kind of like going out with Paul on our adven-- I mean, trash collecting trips.

What would my dad ever say if I went back to working from home?

..I already know..

Dad: "Kevin, you should get outside more often! You're wasting your life away in this room! There is a world to see outside your window, and it's only steps away from this tree! So, put on your belt and let's go!"

Me: "Dad, I can't. I know what would happen, and that includes barf, and general embarrassment and anxiety. Do your thing. I am happy here."

Dad: [Disappointment]

I have some real thinking to do. What is the best next step for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment