Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rainy day skateboard thoughts

This rain is a drag. Paul decided to call today a split-shift sort of day, in hopes that the rain will let up by late morning. That means we work from 6:30-8:00, then 11:00-1:30, instead of the regular 9:00-2:00pm trash  workday.

My fur is soaked, and I am cold. Miserable, miserable weather to be outside collecting trash in.

Glad to be home right now. Mom isn't home-- not sure where she went. Since coming home from the hospital, she hasn't been out too much. I'm not surprised she went somewhere, though. My mom seems to be doing a whole lot better these days.

I do wish that she was here to make me breakfast, though. Those acorn pancakes we had yesterday were really good.

I guess I do know how to cook a couple things for breakfast. If there was one good thing that came of Mom being hurt, then sick for so long-- it was that I learned to make really good toast. Plus, I do kind of like my job.

Yeah.. the job is a good thing after all. I can actually go outside with less worry, nausea, and fear of humans and other potential hazards. Paul really helped with that, since he's so much bigger than me. Well, and because of his truck-- who knew skateboards could be so versatile for non-human creatures? I almost wish that I could find a skateboard made for a very small being like me...

This isn't me. Just some lucky devil with a squirrel sized skateboard!


Time for breakfast, and to figure out where mom went.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment